Chatham-Kent is a treasure set in southwestern Ontario book-ended by freshwater, filled with rich farmland and inhabited by generous people that like to share the bounty they enjoy every day. There is so much for visitors to do here!
Feed your spirit with…
· Fishing in freshwater lakes, rivers and streams
· Golfing on one of 5 excellent, challenging and professionally- maintained courses
· Birdwatching in two provincial parks featuring unique Carolinian forests
· Live musical and theatre performances by world-famous and local talents
· Walks along the only part of the Trans Canada Trail linked to the War of 1812
· A motorcycle cruise along winding roadways that hug local waterways
· Art festivals in local parks throughout the summer
Feed your mind with…
· Three Black History sites: Uncle Tom’s Cabin, Buxton National Historic Site & Museum, and Black Mecca Museum
· Battle sites from War of 1812-13, including the sites of the death of Shawnee Chief Tecumseh
· Museums featuring artifacts of local and national significance
Feed your body with…
· The freshest foods straight from farm stands dotted along country roads
· Excellent cuisine, from gourmet meals in a chic setting to pub fare
· Wine from a local vineyard and refreshing beer from local micro-breweries
Threshing Festival, Cherryfest, WAMBO, Retrofest, Wallyfest, Festival of Porches & Verandahs, Fish Fest and many more.
And don’t forget Shopping!
From gift shops to hardware, clothing to garden decor, our shop owners take pride in personal service.
We welcome you to visit and enjoy our community.
Cultivating Fun…Shore to Shore.
If you would like to add more exciting experiences to this site, please contact us at:
HUB Creative Group – firstname.lastname@example.org